Moving to a new home is a time of change. You’ll have a new address, a new backyard and you’ll have to find a new route to work. You may need to register your children in a new school. There is definitely a lot of change going on. In the spirit of change, moving is also a great time to get rid of a lot of the old clutter from your home. There’s no sense in moving it with you and having it clutter up your new home, right?
Calling a junk removal company when you are moving just makes sense. You will be able to move into your new home with less clutter and make a clean break from your old home. It makes the process of moving in easier once you’ve gotten rid of your junk.
A good way to go about junk removal when you are moving is to move everything else out of the house. Move as you normally would, just make a point to leave the items you no longer need behind. Once everything else is gone, it’s time for junk removal. You may want to place all of the unwanted items in one room, as this will make it easier for a junk removal company to dispose of them.
How do you decide what you no longer need? Well, it starts off by looking at your new home. If you have furniture that simply will not fit into your new space, it’s best to leave it behind. Otherwise you will find yourself with another basement full of unwanted furniture and appliances at the new house.
Then you should start planning how you will position everything in your new home. This can easily be done on paper or on a computer. There will probably be items that you have chosen not to include in the layout of your new place. These items can usually be thrown away.
The best part of using a junk removal service when you’re moving is that it’s easy. Your old home will have nothing else in it so you don’t have to worry about accidentally throwing out the wrong things. Plus, with less stuff in the old house, the junk removal company will be able to move around easier and finish their job faster.
You’ll then be left with an old, empty house and a new house that only has the items you actually need and want. Once the moving truck leaves, pulling a dumpster up to your house is perhaps the best thing you could do. Junk removal and moving just go together!
Contact us to find out more!A Few Organization Tips From Junk It!
Something a lot of us struggle with is organization. We all have busy lives and, when you come home from a long day at work, it’s very easy to just “let things lie where they may” and worry about clean up tomorrow. The problem is that, eventually, this disorganization becomes overwhelming. How many times have you spent several minutes riffling through a stack of paper on your desk in an attempt to find something specific? The longer it takes you to find something, the more frustrated you get and the more frustrated you get, the less likely you are to find what you’re looking for.
Here are a few organizing tips that should help you avoid those situations:
– Designate a place for everything
– Those papers on your desk belong in a filing cabinet. Those magazines spread across the coffee table would be better off in a basket. Your kitchen tools and appliances should go back into the same drawer or cabinet after each use. Having a designated spot for everything is a great way to stay organized.
– Clean as you go
– Rather than spending one day a week or one weekend a month cleaning your entire house, simply place everything back where it belongs as soon as you’re done with it. It’s easy to leave your coat on a chair and your mail in a pile on the couch, but eventually just placing stuff around the house leads to disorganization, clutter and stress. If you put things where they belong right away, you won’t have to spend hours cleaning later on.
– Get drawers and shelving
– It’s a lot easier to be organized when you have the right tools. Get a filing cabinet for your office and a book shelf for your living room. Invest in a closet organizer. When you have more places to put things you’re more likely to put them away.
– Get rid of what you don’t need
– Everyone has clutter, but there’s a difference between clutter and junk. Things that you haven’t used in a very long while and will likely never use again are junk. Unless they are precious heirlooms or treasured mementos, you should get rid of what you don’t use. The same goes for furniture and appliances. Many people have entire basements or garages filled with large items they never touch. Some of those items are even damaged or broken! Get rid of them!
When you are selling you home you usually want to do whatever possible to get a higher sales price. One of the best ways to do this is to clean up the house before you have any showings. Houses that are clean and organized look better and are more attractive to buyers. It helps to clean up and declutter your home before each showing. But you can’t just shove all of junk into a closet or cabinet, potential buyers will want to look there! The solution? Junk removal.
Rooms look bigger when there is less furniture in them. It’s easier to move around, the space feels more open and the room appears more bright. Here furniture removal is the answer. Think about what you’ll be taking with you to your new home. If the plan is to dispose of some of the furniture before you move, why not get rid of it now? A junk disposal company can take away your unwanted couches, tables, desks and chairs. You’ll be left with a more spacious room. This will allow potential buyers to see the home for what it really is and all them to start planning how they would arrange their own furniture in the house.
Many possible buyers want to be able to picture themselves living in the home. A room filled with your personal belongings makes this more difficult to do. Removing things like pictures and family heirlooms and putting them in storage is the first step here. The second step is to get rid of the old clutter that is making your home look bad. Once you’ve cleaned out your home it will be much easier for others to see themselves living there.
You may also want to get rid of any appliances or electronics that no longer work. Sometimes spending a little bit of money on a new dishwasher and replacing the broken one can substantially increase the value of your home. New buyers do not want to think about all of the work they’ll need to do on a property. Eliminate their worry over replacing broken appliances and do it yourself. It will definitely pay off in the long run. An appliance disposal company can remove your unwanted items for you and make your home look almost new!
The same can be said for broken roof shingles and other damaged areas of the home. You may want to consider fixing or replacing these things before selling. You’ll also definitely want to clean out your cluttered basement or garage before selling! A junk removal company can take all of this clutter away and make your home shine once again.
With just a little bit of effort it is possible to increase the value of your home by a great deal. Junk removal Toronto is a great way to declutter your home and make it much more attractive to buyers.
UPDATE: Almost sold out for Victoria Weekend. Order soon.