Winter can be depressing. Here in Southern Ontario it’s usually a dark, grey, dreary time of the year. Toronto winters are cold, snowy and seemingly endless. You don’t want to head outside in that weather, so you sit in your home, accumulating clutter and spend your days longing for spring.
A great way to get out of that winter slump is to organize and tidy up your home. Cleaning isn’t just for spring anymore! Junk removal and clean-up can be a great way to spend the cold winter days. There are a few reasons why cleaning up can make you feel better during a cold winter weekend.
You’re being active
◦ One of the main reasons people get depressed in the winter is because of their lack of physical activity. It’s tough to go for a bike ride, a run or a long walk when you’re up to your knees in snow. Cleaning your place will get you standing up, walking around and lifting and carrying items around your house. It’s a great way to stay active.
You’re accomplishing something
◦ One of the best ways to snap out of a depressed state is to do something that makes you feel good about yourself. Cleaning and organizing your home office or emptying out a cluttered basement to create a game room are just a couple of ways to make yourself feel good.
You’ll have more space inside
◦ During the winter, when you’re spending more time inside, having some extra space in your home is greatly appreciated. Getting rid of some of the junk inside your house will open up rooms, giving you more space inside and making you feel better about being indoors.
Friends and family can help
◦ You always feel better when surrounded by loved ones. Cleaning can become a family activity. You can even enlist the help of your friends to assist with your junk removal. Invite everyone over, split up the tasks and get started. Finish off the day by ordering pizza and relaxing in your newly clean space with friends and family. It doesn’t get much better.
Have a party
◦ This is an extension of the last idea. Once your home is tidy and your garbage and clutter have been removed, it’s the perfect time to have a party. Your friends will marvel at how great your home looks and you’ll have a great time inside, away from the cold, in your newly cleaned home.
Junk removal, thorough cleaning and good home organization can definitely help you get through the winter blahs. You’ll get in shape, feel good about yourself, have more space and get to spend more time with friends and family. And isn’t that all we want in our lives?
Plus, when spring finally rolls around, you won’t have to spend a beautiful weekend inside dealing with “spring cleaning.” Your place will already be clean and you’ll be able to head outside and enjoy the sun that you haven’t seen in months!